Dr Malick is originally from New Britain, Connecticut. He graduated from the University of Connecticut’s School of Liberal Arts and Sciences with a Bachelor of Science degree at Storrs, Connecticut and a Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD) from the Farmington health center campus. After graduation, Dr. Malick completed a one-year General Practice Residency in the US Army Dental Corps in Lawton, Oklahoma . He then served 2 years of active duty as a Dental Officer at Fort Sheriden, in Highland Park, Illinois. He then relocated to San Jose, California and continued to serve in the Army Reserves with the 347th General Hospital. During his reserve duty, he was awarded the Army Commendation Medal for his leadership as an assistant project officer in charge of exercising the unit's wartime mission. In 1989, Dr Malick opened his first private practice in San Jose, CA while teaching part time at the University of California Dental School. Dr Malick relocated to Roseville in 2003 and began his boutique style practice since then.
Dr. Malick has completed numerous continuing education courses, notably:
- One year mini-residency in Implant dentistry, University of California in San Francisco
- Three year mini residency in cosmetic and adhesive dentistry, University of Pacific
- One year program in Full Mouth Rehabilitation at the renowned FACE institute, Burlingame, CA
- 6 Month Mini-Residency Program in Orofacial Pain, UCLA School of Dentistry
- 6 month online program in Orofacial Pain, Rutgers University, New Jersey
- 9 Months Fellowship in Orofacial Pain/Oral Medicine, Kaiser Permanente
Academic and Professional Honors:
- Fellow of the Academy of General Dentistry, 1993
- Associate Editor, The Journal Nugget, Sacramento District Dental Society
- Medical director, Assyrian Aid Society, a humanitarian organization.
- Assistant Professor/Clinical Faculty, Sacramento City College Dental Hygiene Faculty
- American Dental Association
- California Dental Association
- Sacramento District Dental Society
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Orofacial Pain
- American Academy of Oral Medicine
Dentistry for the Discerning Patient
- Married to Nanette for 35 years, Children Ashley 30, Michelle 27, John 24
- Plays Piano and Accordion
- Languages Spoken: English, Farsi, Assyrian
- Favorite Sport: Soccer GO Arsenal, AC Milan, Real Madrid Goooaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!!
- Favorite Music: Smooth Jazz
- Favorite Food: Spicy Hot Thai!!
- Favorite TV sit com: Seinfeld
- Favorite Travel Destination: Greece and Italy
- Favorite Wine Variety: Zin
- Favorite US City: San Francisco
- Favorite Beach: Newport Beach
- Favorite Sport to watch on TV, Boxing and Soccer
Call Us Today!
© Copyright 2009 Distinctive Dentistry at Johnson Ranch: Sedation Dentist All rights reserved.